The Science of Your Life
The BioLab is an interactive health and biology laboratory where visitors of all ages can perform real experiments and enjoy entertaining demonstrations.
Have you ever wondered…
- what your body tissues look like under the microscope?
- how your skeletal system works?
- how nutrients in food actually work inside the body?
- what germs actually look like?
The BioLab table top experiments are designed to allow visitors to investigate the answers to all these questions and more!
Every time you visit the BioLab you can perform five different table top experiments that investigate health and biology, such as the human body, nutrition, fitness and the world of medicine.
Bi-Monthly themes include Human Body Systems, Health & Nutrition, Physical Fitness, Human Growth & Aging, Immunology, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and more!
Our Current Experiments
Check out our current programs and events.
Demonstrations in the BioLab
When you participate in BioLab demonstrations you become part of the show! Performances are designed to give visitors of all ages an experience that makes you laugh and learn at the same time!
Current demonstrations include:
- Caught in the Food Web (Grades K-5) – Each student will become a part of a food chain and get caught in the food web!
- Building Biomes (Grades 6-12) – Learn about ecosystems, and test your knowledge of biomes as you sort biotic and abiotic factors into the right category!
Put the BioLab to work for you!
The BioLab is truly a dynamic space that can be a tool for you, your family, your business and your special group. Our talented staff are always looking for new ways to:
- educate the public about health related issues
- participate in community outreach opportunities
- partner with local education, health, fitness and medical groups
- provide volunteer and internship opportunities for individuals of all ages and backgrounds
The BioLab can also create customized educational demonstrations to meet your group’s specific needs. Some examples include:
- Healthy Cooking Demonstrations
- Virtual visits to the lab via videoconference
- Workshops on the topic of your choice
- Special event demonstrations
For more information about how to put the BioLab and its talented staff to work for you, contact email@example.com.