J.L. Bedsole IMAX Dome Theater
Year-round; Includes Weekends and some Nights; 24-30 hours / week
The J.L. Bedsole IMAX Dome Theater seeks a highly motivated and engaging individual with a strong emphasis on customer service and an interest in technology. The IMAX Theater host is the first point of contact for theater guests and is responsible for the daily cleaning and upkeep of the theater and surrounding areas, greeting guests and assisting with any needs which may arise, and the monitoring of the film. Applicant must be highly energetic and engaging, must enjoy interacting with the public, be comfortable with public speaking, and have strong customer service skills.
- Reports directly to the theater manager or projectionist on duty.
- Hard worker who is able to work independently and on occasion, unsupervised.
- Greets and actively engages guests as they enter and exit the theater.
- Takes tickets and maintains daily attendance information.
- Deals directly with schools or other large groups
- Monitors the presentation for picture and sound quality and alerts the projectionist to any issues which may arise.
- Operates audio/visual equipment, including the coordinating of lighting and audio cues as given by presenter or speaker.
- Works with the Education staff on and during all live Education shows (Global SoundScapes)
- Makes announcements or other public addresses before and after each showing and as needed.
- Performs opening and closing duties to ensure a clean and well maintained theater.
- Works special events, programs, workshops, camp-ins, and other Exploreum functions
- Promotes Exploreum programs, events and memberships, etc.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Theater Manager or Projectionist on Duty.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Possess excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and motivated
- Willingness and dedication to learn new things
- Desire to take initiative and perform with little supervision
- Flexible, adaptable and able to learn quickly
Interested applicants please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Don Comeaux, Assistant Director of Education and Operations at Dcomeaux@exploreum.com.