Join Our Volunteer Team!
Volunteers at the Exploreum play an integral part in bringing the fun and excitement of science to the Gulf Coast Community. As Alabama’s number one family attraction for the last five years, the Exploreum depends on its volunteers for everything from daily operations to special events and exhibits.
The Exploreum welcomes teens and adults 16 and over as volunteers. We accept applicants from every background and walk of life; in fact, we believe that diverse backgrounds add to the hospitable atmosphere at the Exploreum.
- Valuable experience for resumes and college applications
- The ability to work toward a paid Exploreum position if you receive positive evaluations
- Volunteer appreciation events
- Scholarship and internship opportunities
- Ability to network with Exploreum volunteers and staff
- Opportunity to see a Digital Dome Theater movie free, on a space-available basis
- Extra volunteer hour credited for each after-hours special event function’
- The knowledge that you have contributed to the Gulf Coast community
- Benefits after 20 hours
- 10% discount on all items in the Exploreum Gift Shops
- Two free exhibit only passes
- Benefits after 50 Hours
- 20% discount on the cost of Exploreum Membership packages
- 20% discount on all items in the Exploreum Gift Shops
- Benefits after 100 Hours
- Free one-year Family Membership to the Exploreum ($100 value)
With numerous volunteer opportunities, it is easy to find a position that will suit your skills and interests.
Volunteers must provide their own transportation, but we are willing to work with your schedule. Most volunteer positions require a commitment to volunteer four hours a week for at least six months.
You can apply to volunteer in person at the Exploreum Box Office, by phone, or via email.
“It is a pleasure to be associated with the Exploreum Science Center in a volunteer capacity. The staff and administration, exhibits and facility are first rate, and the atmosphere is always upbeat and dynamic. There is a great deal of personal satisfaction in helping guests explore and learn as they go through the Exploreum’s exhibits. I certainly appreciate the opportunity to be involved in such a wonderful enterprise.”
“I have enjoyed my volunteer experience with the Exploreum since I began working with the Nicholas and Alexandra exhibit. At that time, I was still a full-time teacher and now that I’ve retired I find that helping students (as well as adults) keeps me “teaching” outside the classroom and I love it!”
Margaret Davis Martin
“I’ve enjoyed volunteering at the Exploreum because the work environment was enriching, the co-workers were very friendly and hours were adapted to fit my needs. It was an all-around an enjoyable experience.”