Hours and Admission
For additional information on general admission and special group pricing please call 1-251-208-6893.
For general information please call our Box Office 1-251-208-6893.
Please see our calendar here for any special closings or holidays.
Please keep in mind we will be operating with limited capacity and reduced hours so please call ahead (251-208-6893) if you plan on traveling to visit.
The following operational modifications will initially be in place. These are subject to change if health experts and civic leaders recommend that we do so.
- Open to the public Tuesday—Saturday
- Tuesday—Friday 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Closed to the public Sunday and Monday
- Café is open limited hours on Friday and Saturday
- Gift Shop hours – 10:30-3:30
- Poarch Creek Digital Dome Theater is open with more choices, more showtimes, and limited capacity
Planning for Health and Safety Measures
It is always our policy to encourage regular hand-washing, good hygiene, and awareness, which are the center of the CDC’s guidance. When we open in June, increased health and safety measures will be in place to continue to protect our visitors and staff:
- Daily temperature checks and masks for all Exploreum staff
- Plastic balls have been removed from the Wharf of Wonder
- Climbing Castle is temporarily closed to keep the area as clean as possible.
- Hand sanitizing stations available throughout the building
- Frequent exhibit and restroom disinfecting
NOTICE – The City of Mobile has adopted an ordinance requiring face coverings to be worn for anyone over the age of 10 in public spaces within the city. We ask for your understanding and cooperation by wearing a face covering during your visit to the Exploreum. Upon visiting please notify our Box Office if you are excluded from wearing a mask based on the city ordinance guidelines.
More on the city’s mask requirement can be found here.
The Exploreum closes for the following holidays:
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Joe Cain Day (Sunday before Mardi Gras), Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday and Easter Sunday.
The Exploreum will be OPEN on the Sundays and Mondays during some holidays. Dates subject to change. Please call our box office to confirm open and closed dates. 1-251-208-6893.
Groups and Field Trips:
Please call 1-251-208-6880 for special group and field trip rates. See our field trip page for more details.
Military Discounts (during non-Blue Star programs):
Active Duty/Retired Personnel with proper ID receive member rate: Free/Discount Exhibit only admission or $6.00 combo. Dependents/Spouse/Any other military personnel with proper ID receive $1.25 off Exhibits admission.
EXPLOREUM POLICIES: Once tickets are redeemed, refunds, exchanges and rain checks are not offered. Exploreum prices include sales tax. The Exploreum is a smoke-free facility. No outside food, beverages or coolers are allowed. Days and hours of operation are subject to change without notice. The Exploreum is not responsible for lost and stolen items. Children under the age of 16 must be chaperoned by an adult.