Contacting the Exploreum
Three easy ways to contact us:
Please have the following information ready when you contact us:
- Two dates and times that you would like to visit
- The exhibits, films, and activities you would like to experience
- The total number of students and chaperones participating in the field trip
What to expect from the Exploreum
- A confirmation form and number stating the date, times, schedule (subject to change), and cost of your field trip
- A teacher and chaperone guide to the Exploreum
- Additional educational resources when available
If you have not received this information two weeks in advance of your field trip, please contact us immediately to ensure that your reservation is confirmed.
What the Exploreum requests of you
In final preparation for your trip, we ask that you:
- No charge if you notify us in writing more than 14 days before the scheduled visit
- 50% charge if cancelled within 14 days of the visit
- 100% charge if cancelled within 7 days of the visit
- If you cancel your visit but reschedule for the same school year, no cancellation fee is charged
The Exploreum does reserve the right to cancel any reservations at any time.
All group cancellations must be received in writing no later than four weeks prior to the event date. All refunds will be processed minus a $25 administrative fee.
Any cancellations received less than four weeks prior to the event will be refunded 50% up to one week before the event. Any cancellations received seven days or less prior to the event will be charged a 100% percent of the event.
If you cancel your visit but reschedule for the same school year, no cancellation fee is charged. However if the second date is cancelled any prepayments will be forfeited.
All cancellations must come from the group leader.
Class Blasts and Exploreum U activities to which supplies must be ordered for number of students attending (dissections, workshops, etc.) must be notified four weeks in advance to not receive penalty. The Exploreum reserves the right to charge the group for total number of items if notified less than four weeks from the date of visit.
SCHOOL FIELD TRIP CHOICES AND PRICES:
Prices are valid for school group visits that are paid for by check drawn on a school account or by credit card registered to a school. If another form of payment is used (e.g. personal credit card, check, or individual student or chaperone payment at the box office), the Exploreum is required by the State of Alabama to charge admissions tax on the purchase.
For other additional experiences, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Exploreum suggests the following chaperone to student ratios:
- Pre-school: 1 chaperone for every 3 students
- Grades K-2: 1 chaperone for every 5 students
- Grades 3-12: 1 chaperone for every 10 students
Home School Groups
Groups of 14 or more: Rules for school groups apply in regard to chaperone/student ratio; rates must include tax unless drawn on a school account.
Groups less than 14: Must show ID or proof of home schooling (i.e. membership in Mobile Home School Association); normal school rates apply for children (plus tax); no free admission for any adults (chaperones or teachers).
Dome Theater Seating
The Dome Theater staff will be responsible for seating during all school shows. Due to the limited number of seats, only the number of people on your reservation are guaranteed a seat. All others are subject to availability. Due to strict scheduling concerns, all films must start on time and cannot be held. Please be prompt.
Plan extra time for shopping during your field trip. Our gift shops feature educational and fun books, toys, science experiments and souvenirs.
“I came to the Exploreum with my son’s field trip last week and I just wanted to say how impressed I was at the way the school group was handled. I loved that it was so organized and that the staff members walked us to each exhibit and followed a schedule.”
– Jessie B.